Halloween Window Decorating Contest
2016 THEME “PUMPKINS ON PARADE”
Details of Window Decorating Contest
1. Print Halloween Window entry form at www.theppwc.org.
2. Reserve a Window. Request permission from any merchant in the Palisades Village on Antioch Street, Via de la Paz, Swarthmore Avenue, Sunset Boulevard or Monument Street. Tape the completed first page of entry form to reserve the window.
3. Paint the window. Painting begins Saturday, October 22nd and must be completed by Wednesday October 26th.
4. Only washable poster paints (tempera) may be used on the windows. Use paint only, no glitter, glue or other items. Please do not cover large areas of the window with solid paint. Use dark paints sparingly for outlines and details only. Several thin layers of paint will adhere better than one thick layer. Mix the paints with dish soap for easier clean up. Plastic drop cloths must be taped to the bottom of the window and the sidewalk during the painting process.
5. Clean the window by Friday, November 4th. Drop cloths are required during cleaning. Bucket and sponge first, then squeegee or window cleaner and paper towels work best. Avoid extreme water temperatures for cleaning.
Submit photo of the completed window via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with information* no later than Friday, October 28th
*Information: Adult Leader Name; Mailing Address; Email; Phone; and Group Participant Names and Grade Levels
(no more than 5 per group (does not include adult leader)
There will be two group winners (one per grade category)
1. Pre-Kindergarten through 3rd Grade
2. 4th grade and higher
Groups will be judged in grade level category of oldest participant.
Winners will be announced on Monday, October 31st.